PDA

Visualizza la versione completa : Here we are!

DarkCoffee
07-January-2016, 18:12
Hi everyone!
Let's start talking about books!
It seems we have a really new forum section! An international one!

Welcome! :mrgreen:

Rupert
07-January-2016, 18:25
Hi everyone!
Let's start talking about books!
It seems we have a really new forum section! An international one!

Welcome! :mrgreen:

Thanks Dark. You're the best. Your tireless dedication towards our forum is simply unfathomable!

Mauro
07-January-2016, 19:40
Thanks Dark. You're the best. Your tireless dedication towards our forum is simply unfathomable!

Thanks!
I've just learned a new word

kaipirissima
08-January-2016, 14:59
Here I'm!

Can I ask you a tiltle?
I would like to read a novel in english.
I have some request.
This novel must be new for me, easy to read, nice and short.

Thanks.
(Sorry, my English is very standard and poor)

Rupert
08-January-2016, 19:03
Here I'm!

Can I ask you a tiltle?
I would like to read a novel in english.
I have some request.
This novel must be new for me, easy to read, nice and short.

Thanks.

Try with:

Donna Leon is an American author who lives in Venice. Her books, although their setting in Italy, were never translated in Italian (but they’re available in every other European language and country).
Donna Leon’s novels follow the different criminal investigations of Commissario Brunetti trough Venice’s channels and bridges, but above all hopping from a cliché about Italy to the next. And this, I think, is a major point of interest because it’s always refreshing to perceive how foreigners see us.

kaipirissima
08-January-2016, 21:32
Ok!
It's a detection story. Very good. I love it. There is also a love story? I love it too.

@
Mauro, my friend, do you want follow me in this adventure?

DarkCoffee
11-January-2016, 03:13
The blackcat books are not bad (http://www.blackcat-cideb.com/). They are school books divided in three levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced).
I've read "Frankestain" and "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde", I also used them for teaching in my private class (ah! Good times).

Otherwise, I suggest you "Eat, pray, love". Nice book, easy to follow, without too much details which make the story difficult to understand.

Rupert
15-January-2016, 18:49
Another possibility is to read books meant for children or young adults, whose language and plot are simplified.
I read a lot of them. Allegedly because of my work, but in reality I love them and I enjoy very much reading them.

Try with this one:

Holly Smale, Geek girl.

I found it light and witty, with some autobiographic inspirations, that quite easily come through.

kaipirissima
20-January-2016, 17:57
I have the pleasure to inform you that I started to read my english novel.
At the moment I arrived at page 60, but I think that I should come back, because my reading it's too fast.
I'm going to explain what I want to tell you.

When I began to read, I translated all the words, I was very slow. Boring reading.
Than I decided to increase fastness of my reading, so With a pencil I noticed only the unknown words. Miracle! the number of misterius words was lower.
In that moment I decided that I'll never looking for the sense, and since that moment I have been finisced to understand my novel.

Now this is my level of English, but, I hope, at the end of my reading Will be better.

DarkCoffee
21-January-2016, 01:03
Great!
You're brave and i like it!
Which book are you reading?

kaipirissima
21-January-2016, 09:14
About this novel
1 I have already read the italian translation
2 I saw the movie
3 it's the fist one of a trilogy

conclusion (?)
often my words go with the wind

today, page 140

Mauro
21-January-2016, 16:45
Stieg Larsson's millennium trilogy?

DarkCoffee
21-January-2016, 17:27
I quote Mauro. :mrgreen:

kaipirissima
21-January-2016, 17:52
Stieg Larsson's millennium trilogy?

no, it isn't. I prefer read a english/american writer.

DarkCoffee
21-January-2016, 22:40
You're right! You do well!
Is it maybe ""Fifty shades of grey"?

Mauro
21-January-2016, 23:14
You're right! You do well!
Is it maybe ""Fifty shades of grey"?

It's my turn to quote you :well:

kaipirissima
21-January-2016, 23:41
This is my incipit.

" There is one mirror in my House. It is behind a sliding panel in the hallway uspstairs. Our faction allow me to stand in front of it on the second day of every third mounth, the day my Mother cuts my hair.

DarkCoffee
22-January-2016, 01:06
I gave up and i searched it, but I won't spoiler it :mrgreen:

kaipirissima
22-January-2016, 11:26
Ok. Another Pieces for the other people.

His hand grip my arms, but he releases me a moment after I stand upright again.
"Thank you" I say.
We stand in a platform ten feet above the ground.
around us is an Open cavern.
"can't Belive it", a voice says from behind him. It belongs to a dark - haired girl with three silver rings througt Her Right eyebrow. She smirks at me. "A Stiff, the first to Jump? Unheard of"
"There's a reason Why she left them. Lauren." He says.
his voice is deep, and it rumbles. "What's your name?
"Um... " I Don't Know Why I hesitate. But Beatrice" Just doesn't sound Right anymore.
"think about it" he says., a faint simile curling his lips. "you Don't get to pick again".
A New place, a new name. I can be remade here.

question:
which 's name Beateice choise?

this novel has a simple english. Good, for me. :)

Mauro
22-January-2016, 12:53
I've read something more about this novel

Divergent, isn't it?

And I've found it very interesting. It could be a future reading for me (in italian), because if I've to try to read something in English, I prefer to start with a novel thet I've already read in italian

kaipirissima
22-January-2016, 13:50
Yes! Mauro! You' re Right!

to translate I use this app WordReference, very good!

kaipirissima
11-February-2016, 22:22
two days ago I found Donna Leone's novel, Uniform Justice.

this is the incipit:
Thirst woke him. It was not the healthy thirst that follows three sets of tennis or a day spent skiing, thirst that comes of the body's desperate attempt to replenish liquids that have been displaced by alcohol.

after these words I thought: I know this thirst!

a question... is it normal repeat three times Thirst in the same sentence?

kaipirissima
31-May-2016, 11:25
One month ago I became to watch movies in original language at the cinema.
My English is the same. Eh eh. All the movies have subtitles, so it's easy follow dialogues.
I wached:
The damish girl
The Room
Hail Caesar!
Bridge of spies
One royal night out

The Bridges of spies is in very simple english. Ok. I read the subtitles too, but Inside me I thinked " thiat level is easy!"

Mauro
31-May-2016, 23:01
two days ago I found Donna Leone's novel, Uniform Justice.

this is the incipit:
Thirst woke him. It was not the healthy thirst that follows three sets of tennis or a day spent skiing, thirst that comes of the body's desperate attempt to replenish liquids that have been displaced by alcohol.

after these words I thought: I know this thirst!

a question... is it normal repeat three times Thirst in the same sentence?

Why not?
The sentence describes a situation in a very clear way.

Mauro
31-May-2016, 23:04
My English is the same. Eh eh. All the movies have subtitles, so it's easy follow dialogues.
I wached:
The damish girl
The Room
Hail Caesar!
Bridge of spies
One royal night out

The Bridges of spies is in very simple english. Ok. I read the subtitles too, but Inside me I thinked " thiat level is easy!"

It could be right for me to re-start watching movies in original language ... if English or American of course.

DarkCoffee
31-May-2016, 23:23
I wached:
The damish girl
The Room
Hail Caesar!
Bridge of spies
One royal night out

Let me ask you a thing... have you noticed english films dubbed in italian sound different now? you can feel the dubbing even in the trailer, can't you?

kaipirissima
01-June-2016, 11:56
Let me ask you a thing... have you noticed english films dubbed in italian sound different now? you can feel the dubbing even in the trailer, can't you?

the only thing I noticed is that my sight is good and also I can read and watch in the same Time without problems! :yeah:

Brenda
24-March-2018, 08:27
"Message to the People: a course of African philosophy" A must read, apart all the racist stuff a great book about self improvement.